I love subversion. It is handy for all kinds of development. I needed an easier way to update WordPress on my Bluehost account. I tried the standard compile methods but kept running into errors. The problem I ran into was that the server my account runs on is a 64bit machine.
I gave up until I found this article on how to fix the 64 bit compile problem.
The key is compiling each library that is part of the subversion-deps download and then telling the compiler where to find them:
cd apr ./configure --enable-shared --prefix=$HOME make && make install cd ../apr-util ./configure --enable-shared --prefix=$HOME \ --with-expat=builtin --with-apr=$HOME \ --without-berlekey-db make && make install cd ../neon ./configure --enable-shared --prefix=$HOME \ --with-libs=$HOME --with-ssl make && make install </pre>then do this:
./configure --prefix=$HOME --without-berlekey-db \ --with-editor=/usr/bin/vim --with-apr=$HOME \ --with-apr-util=$HOME --with-neon=$HOME \ --without-apxs --without-apache make && make install </pre>