Since I do try to share here is the list of questions for Wiley’s 7150 course:
The Definition Debate
- Should only things that are digital be counted as learning
objects, or should a variety of other things be included, like people,
places, and events?
- How important is the potential reusability of material in
determining whether or not some content should be called a learning
- Does content need to be explicitly instructional in order to be called a learning object?
The Reusability Paradox
- How much context-related information should go in a learning object?
- What can the domain being taught suggest about how big a learning object should be?
Internal And External Context (No questions only vocabulary)
- internal context
- external context
- degree of suggestion
Things To Consider
- Why use learning objects?
- What are the costs of using learning objects that you may not immediately see?
- What are some scenarios in which the need for reuse seems to justify the cost and trouble of learning objects?
Anything or Automating?
- Should learning objects adhere to a common structure?
The Three Kinds Of Reuse
- What is the value of personalizing / repurposing learning objects
relative to the direct costs of adapting each object and the
opportunity cost of being able to scale up to huge number of learners
if you don’t have to touch each object?
- What are the impacts on learning if one doesn’t repurpose for alignment with other objects?
- Are there types of repurposing other than academic, cultural, and technical adaptation that we should consider?
- Is there ever a time when it’s just cheaper or faster to develop your own materials, rather than repurposing an existing object
Learning Object Metaphors
- What do the various metaphors that have been used to characterize
learning objects tell us about how they can and cannot be reused?
Automated Assembly of Learning Objects
- What are some of the different ways that content can be stored /
represented with an eye toward automating the reuse process? Can you
think of new ones?
- What are some of the different ways that learning objects can be automatically reused? Can you think of new ones?
The Sixth Sense Effect
- What is the Sixth Sense effect? What are the risks of automated
systems described by the effect? What are possible ways around the
- What is the role of social interaction in the context of systems that automatically assemble learning objects for learner use?
Singing In The Rain
- In the brick-and-mortar metaphor of learning objects use, what
factors go in to making a good mortar, and in building a useful brick
structure? How do you create meaningful context?
- Is creating a meaningful context for learning object reuse
any different from creating a meaningful context for reusing other
educational materials, like book chapters or research articles?
Content Strategy And Discourse Objects
- Why do we restrict our thinking about learning objects to content? What
other kinds of learning objects could exist within the context of
digital, reusable, and supporting learning?